FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 19, 2012
Marshall Stewart, Raleigh Flea Market manager
Final weekend for Raleigh Flea Market, other fairgrounds events before 2012 N.C. State Fair
RALEIGH — Shoppers in search of bargains, antiques and unique products have only one weekend left to visit the Raleigh Flea Market at the State Fairgrounds before it closes in preparation for the annual N.C. State Fair.
The flea market will operate Sept. 22 and 23 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. It will then be closed until Saturday, Nov. 3.
The Raleigh Flea Market is one of the largest indoor/outdoor flea markets in the Southeast, with hundreds of dealers and crafters offering everything from collectible comic books and vinyl records to handmade jewelry and furniture.
In addition to the flea market, the following events are scheduled at the fairgrounds this weekend:
- Southern Ideal Home Show, Sept. 21-23, Graham Building and Expo Center;
- N.C. Quarter Horse Association’s Futurity Show, Sept. 21-23, Hunt Horse Complex;
- Chinese Harvest Moon Festival, Sept. 22, Dorton Arena;
- American Kennel Club Responsible Dog Ownership Day, Sept. 22, Holshouser Building;
- North State Toy and Hobby Show, Sept. 22 and 23, Scott Building;
- The Pilot Club of Cary Presents: Touch a Truck, Sept. 23, Dorton Arena.
For details about these events, log on to www.ncstatefair.org/events/9-12.htm.
The N.C. State Fair will take place Oct. 11-21 at the State Fairgrounds.